The Philippine Web Accessibility Group strives to make its Official Web Site accessible for all users, including people with disabilities. If you have any questions or comments about the accessibility of this site, feel free to email the webmaster.
Common keyboard shortcuts are applied here. However, here are the Accesskey assignments to help us navigate the site. Use the combined ALT + Accesskey + ENTER keys.
|Alt + 0||Accessibility Statement (this page)|
|Alt + 1||Goes back to Home Page|
|Alt + 2||Skip to main content|
|Alt + 5||Frequently Asked Questions|
|Alt + C||Contact Information|
|Alt + K||Send Feedback/Complaint Procedure (not operational)|
|Alt + M||Site Map|
|Alt + S||Search/Advanced Search|
General Web Site Layout
The newly redesigned web pages are consistent with its design and column positions all throughout the web site. It uses the 2-column format. The site is now a Content Management System site using WordPress. It also applied the latest trend which is called Responsive Web Design. It means that the site can be viewed in any screen size and resolution without creating a separate page.
The design specifications are:
1. The top most bar has the Skip to, Accessibility, Site Map, Facebook Link, Twitter Link and Search box for easier access.
2. The left column is composed of the PWAG logo which appears at the top left corner. The navigation links of pages are listed below the logo. The list of accessible websites also appear here.
3. The right column is composed of the following:
a. The PWAG name, Slogan and brief introduction.
b. The header bar covers all the important links.
c. The Main Content has the following:
1. Bread crumbs or composed of link pages where the viewer is currently located
2. Anchor links appear on some pages. Clicking it would go directly to the title.
3. Reader Mode link appears on news articles only. Clicking it would direct you to a new page with a reader book style without clutters.
4. Content Area
5. Bottom Links
4. Copyright and Email Link at the bottom
Other Instructions and Features
- Simply press enter on the “Skip Link” to go directly to the Main Content.
- All images have ALTERNATE text attributes. Decorative graphics appear on the CSS files.
- The website can be resized to any screen and font size.
- The website passed the recommended color contrast that are useful for those with poor vision.
- The website also passed the Accessibility Validation of AChecker Online Tool of WebSavvy Web Accessibility Services.