PWAG encourages all web designers and advocates for the cause of persons with disabilities and web standards to join us for FREE. Web accessibility supporters or advocates do not need to pass any criteria.
However, as a web designer or developer, he/she must have attained at least three of the following criteria in order to become a member:
- Attended any of the four regional workshops on web accessibility sponsored by NCDA;
- Have at least made initial developments in their web sites towards web accessibility;
- Web designer or developer of an existing web site;
- An advocate (believer) of web accessibility
As a member, Philippine Web Accessibility Group provides:
- Discounts and/or free participation in government or PWAG sponsored seminars, trainings and workshops;
- Opportunities to learn, be helped technically and upgrade skills by fellow members,
PWAG members include some of the accomplished web designers in the Philippines;
- Opportunities for networking and referrals for web designing through advertisement in computer newspapers and magazines;
- Recommendations to be recognized and receive the "Disabled Friendly Web Site Award" trophy;
- Free or discounted prices of PWAG or government published books and training materials in web accessibility and other ICT related fields;
- "Seal of Accessibility" logo posted on web sites that complied with PWAG accessibility standards;
- A chance to be heard: as a member you have a say on the Philippine direction towards barrier-free ICT
PWAG aims to be an effective force and an expert group in lobbying for information accessibility issues. As such, we envision a future wherein PWAG becomes part of the government’s regulating body regarding matters of information and communication technologies.