If you want to know everything about how your visitors found you and how they interact with your site,… use web analytics. Web analytics is the process of analyzing the behavior of visitors to a web site.The results of web analytics are provided in the form of tables, charts, and graphs.
For those who are not yet familiar with the google web analytics, you may check http://www.google.com/analytics/
Don’t worry, it’s a free and it’s awesome. One important requirement maybe is you must have a gmail (google mail) account.
How do I implement this in my web site? What to do? It’s easy,… you check this out:
Google Analytics Result for PWAG Website
I hope you have already used this free wonderful web analytics tool in your website. Google Analytics packs a wallop in terms of vital information that you can gather from your visitor statistics and their behaviors in accessing your web. This is a great tool
especially for those e-commerce site companies who like to know what products are most appealing to them even if they don’t buy it. Also, did I mention that it’s free?
Share ko lang po sa inyo some interesting facts Google Analytics gathered from visitors accessing our Official Site, www.pwag.org and added my personal comments.
Period: January 1 – August 20, 2007
- Total Visitors – 3,764 (Ours is not a popular site. huhuhu )
- Total Pageviews – 8,510 (Average of 2 page views per visitor)
- Average time on site – 7:27 mins (Aba, matagal sila magbasa sa loob ng site!)
- Most Popular Browser Used – Firefox 50.98% (Probably because Firefox is more standards based than IE and we are advocating it.)
- Top Country Visitors Aside from Philippines a. US – 452; b. UK – 164; c. Canada – 59; d. Australia – 34; e. India – 33. (Web Accessibility champion countries)
- Top Traffic Source – Referring Sites =>tech.group.yahoo – 185, accessites.org – 170, mccid.edu.ph – 107, misteryosa.com – 104, abcruz.com – 74 (I hope many designers put www.pwag.org among their links so that many will visit our site. Special thanks to Team Access, MCCID, Sharee of Misteryosa and Arielle for his personal website.)
- Top Web Search Engine – Google 1,059 visitors (It’s really important for a site to be search engine friendly. Many visitors come to our site through these search engines.)
- Top Keywords used – a. ATRIEV – 33; b. ra 9442 – 22; c. pwag recommended validator – 21 (This is what they enter in search
engines, clicked on our link and landed in our website.)
- Top Content page accessed aside from main page – becomemember.htm – 473, recommendations.htm – 445, aboutpwag.htm – 437 and closedcaption.htm – 271 (Many are interested to become a member and what are our recommendations. It’s also good to note that many visitors are interested on how to put closed captions in their sites.)
- Day with the highest number of visitors – May 9, 2007 – 61 (This is the day when Accessites.org gave www.pwag.org the Notable Design Award.)
These are just few of the many benefits you can get from Google Analytics. Marami pang iba. For those who are interested to put it in their website, visit this link and sign up.